Business organization / incorporation

Are you considering starting a business either on your own or with other partners?  If so, you've probably also thought about limiting your liability so that your personal assets (like your house, savings account, cars, and investments) cannot be used to pay your business's debts.  Under Illinois law, you may be able to form a corporation, limited liability company (LLC), limited prtnership (LP), or limited liability partnership (LLP) in order to protect your own assets.


But which do you choose?  Rodin Legal will walk you through the differences between each of these business entities and help you decide which, if any, is right for you and your particular business.  How you organize your business also affects how your profits (and losses) will be taxed.  You will learn about the tax options/restrictions associated with each organization so that you may make an informed decision.  Once you decide to incorporate; form an LLC, LP, or LLP; Rodin Legal will draft the necessary paperwork and file it with the state.


Rodin Legal, LLC's services in this area


  • Preparation of corporate bylaws, LLC operating agreements, or partnership agreements
  • Procurement of a Federal Employment Identification Number (also known as a tax ID #) for your company to use for tax and banking purposes
  • Referral to a qualified accountant/accounting firm, if desired
  • Advice on how to treat your business as a separate, legal entity so that a court won't take away your limited liability status in the future




Do you have questions or do you want to make an appointment in this area?

Call Rodin Legal at 312 671-3491 or use this contact form.

Contact and Appointments


10 S. Riverside Plaza


Chicago, IL 60606



312 671-3491




Or use this contact form


Business hours

8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.